Friday, April 5, 2013

First Quarter Reflections

Well, the first quarter of this new adventure is in the books.  All in all, it has been an enjoyable ride.  There is something very soul cleansing about starting over, leaving something that was comfortable and trying something new.  So far, I can't complain.  There have been rough spots, probably due in large part to the tough economic times and my lack of a self-promotion gene.  But I truly believe doing something for the right reasons will make it all work out.  I am not in this to get rich or to take advantage of anyone.  I would like to make a good living while being a much nicer person to be around. Hopefully, I am accomplishing that.

Interesting times have included blowing breakers, demonic possession of the fax machine, falling pictures and styrofoam snowstorms.  Glass end tables are not supposed to rattle when delivered.  Mini-me has shown me that you CAN use an office chair as a luge.  Wilbert has demonstrated that iPads are more easily read under a desk.  Lin has the "Matweld-is-out-of-business-and-now-their-phone-number-is-our-fax" spiel down so well she says it in her sleep.  The occasional call meant for the police station is always funny (their number is one off from ours).  

I knew I didn't like taxes, and now I like them even less.  And the post office is down to one person at the window, which is really bad considering all the people who want passports.  Should I consider stamps.com?  But other than that, complaints are few and fun is plenty.  Let's see how the second quarter compares....

No comments:

Post a Comment